(Updated May 2018)
This notice is for this website, www.jackaori.com, owned by:
Jack A. Ori
1732 1st Avenue #20990
New York, NY 10128
and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
- “I” or “The Website” refers to Jack A. Ori
- “you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
You gave us consent to use your data when you:
- opted-in to our email newsletter
- bought or negotiated to buy a book from our website
- purchased or negotiated to purchase coaching or other services from our website.
We process your information in the following ways:
- To send you a book you have purchased
- To keep you updated with special offers and news about current and future products
- To set up and provide coaching services.
Data retention period
We will continue to process your information until one of the following occurs:
- You opt-out, unsubscribe, or asked to be unsubscribed from email newsletters and announcements
- Three years have passed since the termination of business between us (see below).
We do not share your information with third parties.
Legal obligation to keep records.
We have a legal obligation to maintain a list of clients with name, address and purchases for three years in order to remain in compliance with IRS and state tax board regulations. We do not share your personal information with the IRS or any other governing body except for as required by law (e.g. if we are required to provide copies of sales records that include customer information.)
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by Siteground Inc in how we store, access and manage that information.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
While we currently do not utilize any sponsored links, affiliate tracking or commissions, this could change in the future.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at email@example.com