Within these pages, you will encounter:
- A 16-year-old sexual assault survivor & discussions about how she is handling her trauma
- Characters who have been and may still be suicidal
- At least one domestic violence situation
- Marijuana and alcohol use
- Encounters with police officers.
None of this is graphic.
After an unspeakable crime, Hannah’s done being the quiet girl who never makes waves. But reinventing herself comes with a steep price…
Hannah tries to be the ultimate good girl, but it’s all a lie. Terrified of being bipolar like her mom, she makes sure to take all the hardest classes, become a community service leader, and most of all, never, ever stand up to anyone who doesn’t approve of her.
But that all changes with one decision, one broken rule, and one spiked drink that steals her memory and shatters her innocence.
Now her life’s splintered into before and after. And after the party, Hannah’s changed. She won’t stay away from Brad, the ex-stoner with a painful past of his own, no matter what her friends think. She won’t let them call her Mouse anymore. And she won’t stay silent about what happened, no matter who pressures her to keep her mouth shut.
Suddenly, her best friends become her worst enemies, forcing her to make a choice, and she must not only find a way to put the pieces of her life back together but figure out where she belongs now.
Hop Aboard the Enigma Express and Get The First Chapter of Open Secrets For Free
When you reserve your seat on the Enigma Express—my exclusive email newsletter for mystery/thriller fanatics, you’ll get the first chapter of Open Secrets for free LONG before it’s published.
When a child calls into non-binary college freshman CJ Jennings’ live podcast and begs them to find his missing sister, CJ refuses to let his plea fall on deaf ears. But how can they find a missing girl if they have no idea who she is?
- Timely news and updates about my mystery/thrillers
- Peeks behind the scenes that are unique to subscribers.
- Weekly prompts for anyone who wants to try their hand at writing their own mystery.